Popular day trips to explore within easy driving distance from Gordon’s Bay.
Exploring the Winelands – there is no shortage of exceptional wines to taste with wine farms and estates starting in the Helderberg and moving through to the world renowned Stellenbosch and surrounding regions.
Exploring Cape Town – the vibrant Mother City of South Africa has so much to experience. Take a hike or cable car up Table Mountain, wander around the beautiful Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, or take a trip to Nelson Mandela’s Robben Island and top it off by shopping and dining at the V & A Waterfront.
Explore Whale Watching – take a scenic drive to Hermanus (approximately 1 hour leisurely drive from Gordon’s Bay) and visit the home of the Southern Right Whales. There are many lookout points along this coastal route where the whales can be seen. And, to get up close with the whales booking a ‘whale watching’ trip by boat is an amazing experience.
There are so many other places and activities to experience in the Western Cape ranging from the adventurous to relaxation to shopping.
- Cape Town centre with the famous V & A Waterfront and Green Market Square
- Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Franschhoek for its superb wine and food
- Paarl’s cultural winelands
- Somerset West – Helderberg hiking routes
- Deep sea shark cage diving
- Quad bike tours over the Atlantis dunes
- Horse back riding in the Paarl wine valley